Rules and Regulations
- Entry per submission is INR 1500/-.This is a non-refundable amount and inclusive of GST. You may pay through CC Avenue or PayPal.
- One writer/team can submit as many stories as they like as long as they note that every submission shall need to be accompanied by an entry fee.
- Participation is strictly online. Any applications sent via post, email or hand will not be considered. Online applications can be found at: https://scriptcontest.cinestaan.com/ and will be open from 22nd October 2018.
- Cinestaan India's Storytellers Contest is solely focused on content for feature films. We will not accept television, documentaries, web-series, digital content, radio, theatre, magazine, short film, novel or game show formats.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Stories or Scripts already attached to a producer, production house or studio do not qualify.
- Participation is limited to people above the age of 18 and of Indian origin.
- Please enter complete details on application form.
- Up to two co-writers are allowed per submission.
- Personal communication with the Jury or Cinestaan Teams is strictly prohibited.
- You will be asked for a Writer or Team Biography (250 words), and Synopsis (Maximum 2500 words) for the first round.
- We will require you to select not more than two genres that best represent your story.
- All participants must register their story with the Film Writers Guild from their respective country of residence prior to applying for the contest. Eg. Screenwriters Association of India (formerly FWA) http://swaindia.org/, Writers Guild of America http://www.wga.org/
- Participants will be required to upload a scanned copy of the registration certificate (PDF format only) of the synopsis.
- Synopsis will be shortlisted by March 2019. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to send full scripts via email. Scripts will be due May 2019. Scripts cannot be more than 120 pages in industry-standard format. Sample format can be found here: Sample Format.
- All entries must be written in English, Roman Hindi or Devanagari script.
- All the entries submitted post the deadlines will be automatically disqualified.