Rules and Regulations
- Entry per submission is INR 1500/-.This is a non-refundable amount and inclusive of GST. You may pay through Debit Card, Credit Card or NetBanking.
- One writer/team can submit as many stories as they like as long as they note that every submission shall need to be accompanied by an entry fee.
- Participation is strictly online. Any applications sent via post, email or hand will not be considered. Online applications can be found at: https://scriptcontest.cinestaan.com/ and will be open from Oct 15th, 2017.
- Cinestaan India's Storytellers Contest is solely focused on content for feature films. We will not accept television, documentaries, web-series, digital content, radio, theatre, magazine, short film, novel or game show formats.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Stories or Scripts already attached to a producer, production house or studio do not qualify.
- Participation is limited to people above the age of 18 and of Indian origin.
- Please enter complete details on application form.
- Up to three co-writers are allowed per submission.
- Personal communication with the Jury or the Mumbai Mantra and Cinestaan Teams is strictly prohibited.
- You will be asked for Writer or Team Biography (250 words), and Synopsis (It should not be more than 2500 words) for the first round.
- We will require you to select upto two genres that best represent your story.
- All participants must register their story with the Film Writers Guild from their respective country of residence prior to applying for the contest. Eg. Screenwriters Association of India (formerly FWA) http://swaindia.org/, Writers Guild of America http://www.wga.org/
- Participants will be required to upload a scanned copy of the registration form.
- Synopsis will be shortlisted by Feb 15th 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to send full scripts via email. Scripts will be due April 15th 2018. Scripts cannot be more than 120 pages in industry-standard format. Please refer to Sample Format.
- All entries must be written in Roman English. Hindi written in English is also allowed. Please do not submit scripts in Devanagari script.